WHAT A DAY!! (VENT)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lewisfarmgurl, Jun 10, 2008.

1. lewisfarmgurl

lewisfarmgurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    I got up like always at 5:30 am and started working in the garden, cutting the yard, feeding the animals and cleaning the house.

( Mind you I have three children at home, one with a newborn but not one bothered to help!)

Anyway, I'm tired , dirty and hungry , and come in for some lunch before starting the house work and my youngest daughter says ," EEWWWHU, you look nasty!!! you better clean up before my friends get here or I'll just die!!!!"

WHAT!! I work myself to death everyday with no help and she is worried I'll shame her in front of her friends!!!:thun

Well, you can guess the fight that went on after that! So I clean up eat and go to the Feed & Seed because we are thinking of getting meat birds first instead of laying hens. I'm in a bad mood but trying to turn my day around looking at chicks and dreaming about one day having my laying hens.

The Manager comes over and asks if he can help me and we start talking about meat birds he can order for me when he orders his next shipment of chicks. This lady is looking at the chicks and hears what we are saying and looks horrified. She then says, " Youre going to get chicks to raise to kill!! Why thats cruelty to animals for you to kill your pet chickens!!"

HELLO!! I stood there for a minute and then I just burst out laughing. I had to ask her just where she thought the chickens came from in the store and how they are raised to be killed for her table. She got mad and walked off and the Manager was laughing so hard he started crying. He later informed me she worked for the local SPCA. [​IMG]

I don't think I'll get out of bed tomorrow but sleep in instead!!!

2. lewisfarmgurl

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    Sorry if it sounds like a whine, just needed to write about it so I could let go of the frustration.[​IMG]

3. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought the lady in the feed store hilarious! [​IMG]

And I think the kids need to help you out. [​IMG]

Carla

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It's okay to vent !!... I understand completely, this wasn't a great day here either!!...lol

5. lewisfarmgurl

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    Sorry your day was off too Tuff:(

I know what you mean about that lady ,I could not keep from laughing because she was so serious . It was one of those ," I can't believe she said that " moments.

6. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    sleep in you earned it. [​IMG]

7. lewisfarmgurl

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    Quote:I would but I couldn't sleep late if I wanted too. Dang inner clock wont let me!

8. lewisfarmgurl

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    I have been thinking about that lady all afternoon. I wonder just how many more people are clueless on where their food comes from in the stores. Kinda makes me worry about just how far from reality they live that they don't know or care to know about their food sourse.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thanks for the laugh! So much for those kind of folks!

Too many city folks thinks all of their produce comes from the grocery store, not the farmer to middleman, etc.

10. lewisfarmgurl

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    Quote:I know but even city folks as old as she was should of had a clue. She looked older than my mom and she is in her late 50's. How shelltered was she not to have a clue. Scary!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by