What a difference a day (or week) makes....*PICS*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Moonwalker, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I promised updated pics on my mare, Megan and here they are. She's been in the new place since 6/11, so...10 days.
    Before: (6/13/08) Look at that poor skinny butt!
    [​IMG]
    and now, today (6/21/08)
    [​IMG]
    Look at that shine! And I haven't been really brushing her, since I've been working everyday till almost dark.
    Its amazing what regular feeding and a few minutes of loving everyday can do! I stop by every night on my way home from work.
    [​IMG]
    I think I mentioned that I wondered how a horse of such obvious caliber, training, breeding etc ended up at an auction. I think she had a pretty bad wreck and it left her with a slight limp. Doesn't seem to get worse with excercise (I have seen her gallop and pace for several hours when we first seperated her from her pasture buddy) but I will have the vet check it out before I do anything besides walk her. I'm not planning on doing any jumping or barrels or anything strenuous with her. She still has some nasty scars, though. This is her left rear. The scars go almost all the way around. Looks like something almost cut her foot off!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    the mare looks like she is gaining weight an doing good.an she sure has put some good weight on an slicked off.

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I missed earlier posts but in reading this one I thought:

Thank goodness she is in your care - sounds like she will want for nothing and be treated as the very special being she is. [​IMG]

JJ

4. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
  5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] I don't see any pics?

6. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    [​IMG]
    I rearranged my PhotoBucket albums after the original post. Here is the link. I dated the pics.
    Click on the pic and you'll get the slideshow.

[​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Great new home for her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by