What a difference a week makes banty cochin pics...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BBK, Oct 1, 2009.

1. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    [​IMG]
    this is when i first got them, they were a week old, some only a couple of days old. i think the lighter ones were younger...Peeps? True?

[​IMG]
    they're starting to change color, i think this one may become a molted (sp?)
    it's hard to see, but there's white patches on him/her...
    [​IMG]
    this one we weren't sure if it was going to stay blue... anyone? see anything..
    [​IMG]
    Those darker ones seem to be showing lil combs...roo? And look how much darker that blueish one got (1st pic, left) wow...I think that's him/her in the second pic...

Melinda [​IMG]

forgot t osay, they're all getting their lil tails too...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Darling! I have three baby cochins and none of mine are showing any sort of comb yet. They are about three to four weeks old now. Maybe I will get lucky and have all girls [​IMG] I think I have two blacks and a blue. Looks like you have two blacks and two blues.

3. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    The nice thing with Cochins is that you can usually sex them fairly early.I always look where the wattles will be and my last boys were fairly red at 2 weeks and comb turning pinky red.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  4. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    Well, i only hope there's one Roo, not 2...but you never know... Can you see the lil yellow combs already, on the darker ones?

Did yours change so fast in appearence? I can't believe the transformation already....

Melinda [​IMG]

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    your blue cochin has the sweetest eyes... they are all cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by