WHAT A DISEASE?

FARKESU

Songster
6 Years
Feb 21, 2017
Very unfortunately I came back from weekend trip I discovered some big rashes on the heads of my little turkeys who are about 4 week old. It even covered some eyes of two of them. Am disturbed on how to go about it. What is the precaution and remedy? big dots of rashes (in fact idon't know its name)

Can you take a picture?

It might be Pox.

Does it look like this?

7655773865.jpg

outdoorhub-possible-sighting-of-avian-pox-in-oklahoma-wild-turkey-2016-02-12_20-42-11.png

Exactly! Some cover their eyes and they cant even see. I'll upload pictures tomorrow.

A very bad case of pox with eyes affected, can be serious, since they cannot find their food and water. You may want to help them eat by adding water to their feed to make it watery, and hold it up to their beaks several times a day. Antibiotic ointment applied to eyes to help treat bacterial eye infections that can complicate this virus, may be useful. Look inside the beaks and throats of birds who seem very ill, to check for yellow plaques, since the wet or diphtheritic form of pox is very deadly. They would need extra care getting enough to eat and drink because of pain.

Thank you very much @Eggcessive am grateful. I've been thinking of helping them with food and water since they really cannot see.

Last edited:
Am also gratecfl for the literature you linked me to. They are educative.

Last edited:
These are some pictures it is fowl pox as said. Moreover, from the link above I discovered it is. It also surfaces on the feathers and bodies.

Attachments

• fowl pox 1.jpg
    fowl pox 1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 6
  • fowl pox 2.jpg
    fowl pox 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
  • fowl pox on the body.jpg
    fowl pox on the body.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom