What a GLW x SFH looks like

Tonyroo

Free Ranging
Mar 29, 2020
N. California
So I asked the forum a long while back, what does a GLW hen cross with a Swedish Flower rooster look like, had zero comments. So I hatched one and it's a pullet.

Just posting what it looks like if anyone ever wondered.
20210312_153457.jpg

Seems she lost all traits of a Wyandotte but retained a washed out coloring of the original breed. My white SFH rooster was the dad. She's not spotted like a normal SFH.

Seems she lost all traits of a Wyandotte but retained a washed out coloring of the original breed. My white SFH rooster was the dad. She's not spotted like a normal SFH.
That makes sense. The mottling (white spots/patches) of a SFH is a recessive trait. It won’t show up in first generation crosses if the other bird doesn’t carry or express mottling.

Well, I'm selling her and her sister, I don't like the look of crested hens. Out of 6 chickens the pullets inherited the crest while the 4 Cockerel didn't. The chicks came from my blue SFH hen with the white SFH rooster as the father.
I want to eventually hatch her eggs only with my red rooster,
20210312_153659.jpg

20210312_153751.jpg

Snowflakes eggs have been so consistent in size, extra large. I would like to maintain that in my flock.

Back
Top Bottom