What a hoot to watch chicks with a new moving food!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HenPen, May 17, 2009.

1. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Well I have been having fun watching my 2 & 3 week old chicks grow and explore but today while preparing my Bearded Dragons supper I got to wondering what the chicks would do with some of his crickets.....so I dropped about 6 crickets in with the chicks, only one was brave enough to check them out and after eating 5 of them the others all decided she may have something good....she caught the last one and then the chase was on the other 12 chicks started running to get the last little cricket from her...what a site I tossed in another dozen and they all had a blast hunting the lil buggers....It was so funny to watch them they all seemed to really enjoy them.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Nothin better than chicken TV! When they get older, toss a whole tomato in the coop and watch chicken rugby!

3. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Hahahaha I will....

4. R@ndy

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown
    I have done the same thing with meal worms, indeed it will put you in tears [​IMG]

5. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:Mine LOVE tomatoes. They love termites too.

6. wyndski

wyndski Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    I have my two chicks in the house even though they are a few months old. [​IMG] yeah I know.. [​IMG] I still have to build a coop and haven't decided on what I want yet. I do have a run that they play in outside side. Anyway, its raining like crazy the last two days and they are inside. Today I ended up with a bunch of flies in here. [​IMG] So after smacking a few with the fly swatter I threw them in with the chickens. They went nuts.. now they have a fit when they see me grab the fly swatter. they also LOVE cheese and corn. [​IMG] I had some mixed veggies and they picked out all the corn before they even would even taste anything else. When they hear the fridge open in the other room they holler to let me know they want
    cheese. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by