1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What A Jerk!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by herfrds, Aug 2, 2011.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Was on Facebook and saw that a friend of ours had a rather interesting posting.

Well they are at the State fair and their son is in 4-H showing rabbits that he has raised and bred himself. This family has been in rabbits as long as I can remember and are great people.

While in the building that houses the rabbits Sunday this guy came in with a German Shepard dog, now there are signs at each door requesting No Dogs; it scares the rabbits that are not around dogs ever.
    This guy was asked to take his dog out, which he did, He came back later and started harrassing the rabbits to make them jump and to scare them.
    While doing this to the rabbits he did it to our friend's sons rabbit, in the process the rabbit broke it's back and had to be put down. [​IMG] They talked with him and he promised to pay them for the rabbit. They were also smart enough to bring in the local sheriff's department.

The guy skipped town Sunday night. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Friends have his name and cell phone number, he's not returning calls and it turns out he has WARRENTS out for his arrest in another State.

This is such a nice young man that I am just furious that this jerk just might get away with doing this to him.

2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Some people's kids....

Sorry this happened to your freinds!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, the guy is a jerk, and there are probably some other even more significant problems with him.

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Oh wow... They have to put locks on the cages here where the rabbits are so people don't steal them! Last year someone took 40 some rabbits in one night. Really sad. [​IMG]

I hope they find this man. Thats really sickening he has warrants and that he was at a fair.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Jerk is right! How awful that he would do something like that. People can be horrible. [​IMG]

6. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Ugh, jerk doesn't even being to describe that piece of trash!

Wish he'd come try that to my kids and their rabbits. He'd trip over that pile of shavings and wind up in the hospital. Everyone would swear it was those shavings. The nice guy (aka DH) was just trying to help him up.

7. Roccomanchickens

Roccomanchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Carroll, IA
    [​IMG]

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I don't understand why they would let a dog in at a fair ? That should be a no no, especially around animal exhibits..... What a terrible person to do something like that, some people should not even be around people let alone animals....

9. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

OMGOSH! That is TOO awful. How horrid, and what a horrid man. Hope he gets his deserved punishment.

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Speechless. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by