What a job!!! netting is up!!! tree looks like crap now, but its up

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by wannabchick, Apr 19, 2011.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Boards were lag bolted all over.. LOL, so dont laugh too much, and yes, my concept didnt actually work.. with the top 2x4, due to netting still on corners of it, so hoping it doesnt eventually rip through.. No way did I ever need a 50 x 50 net, and now my view.. since first was chickens.. is completely obstructed from where we enjoy hanging out.. by having the coop in the WAAAAAAAAAAAY..WA, WA.. WA.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

BUT, its done!!!!

Now , next- a run in type of shed.

MMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN.. LOL, how long will that take???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and after their netting went up. I finally saw displaying.. I was sooooooooooooo excited. I didnt want to get too close so this is what I saw from my patio/dag on fence was in the way, but had to share!!!!
    [​IMG]
    and then the yearling
    [​IMG]

and just now when I went and checked on them, three are still in their normal spot

But looky look here!!! and not even on a tree limb but a 2x4..hhehehhe but never the less on the tree!!! SCORE!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I must say you did WIN!!! Pooh haha
    I am so JEALOUS of your tree. I have no clue what I am going to do for an outdoor roost.
    You are so Lucky!!!
    Pretty birds! I love the pied male he is so pretty. I love it when younger males try and compare themselves to older ones it is so sweet.
    Haha congrats!! Glad you got your netting up! I AM JEALOUS once again!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    C&Rman :

I must say you did WIN!!! Pooh haha
    I am so JEALOUS of your tree. I have no clue what I am going to do for an outdoor roost.
    You are so Lucky!!!
    Pretty birds! I love the pied male he is so pretty. I love it when younger males try and compare themselves to older ones it is so sweet.
    Haha congrats!! Glad you got your netting up! I AM JEALOUS once again!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't be..I now kinda wish, I could have don't tall post in the ground and then just bolt across 2x4

That's all you have to do and then u will have their roost

Iam really confused because I went out and took the night time photo a few hours later and something looks different..for instance if u compare the tree during the day and night..doesn't it look like some boards came undone..oh crap....

It's pitch black out their so I can only see what shows up in the photos..but staring at the tree with my peacock on it compared to the day photo..where did that extra boards go?

Do u see what I see,? Heck guess I will know in the morning. ...

And thank u, now iam hoping the tree grows in and fills out with leaves extra sense I chopped so much off..

It's a berry tree too, they will all love it

Thanks so much
    Xoxox

And u will be done before u know it it..remember I had a good two weeks start ahead of u and netting laying on the ground for a week. I bet u get yours up much faster, so you actually kinda win..

Unless, u get the netting and you too let it sit on the ground..

I had 4 guys help me..too, btw, their was no way I could have done it..and finally..finally..finally my husband helped me..yeeehawww​

4. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Quote:Don't be..I now kinda wish, I could have don't tall post in the ground and then just bolt across 2x4

That's all you have to do and then u will have their roost

Iam really confused because I went out and took the night time photo a few hours later and something looks different..for instance if u compare the tree during the day and night..doesn't it look like some boards came undone..oh crap....

It's pitch black out their so I can only see what shows up in the photos..but staring at the tree with my peacock on it compared to the day photo..where did that extra boards go?

Do u see what I see,? Heck guess I will know in the morning. ...

And thank u, now iam hoping the tree grows in and fills out with leaves extra sense I chopped so much off..

It's a berry tree too, they will all love it

Thanks so much
    Xoxox

And u will be done before u know it it..remember I had a good two weeks start ahead of u and netting laying on the ground for a week. I bet u get yours up much faster, so you actually kinda win..

Unless, u get the netting and you too let it sit on the ground..

I had 4 guys help me..too, btw, their was no way I could have done it..and finally..finally..finally my husband helped me..yeeehawww

Hmm the tree does look diffrent did oyu take the picture from a diffrent angle? But either way it looks AMAZING. I hope I dont let me netting sit around. Hmmm
    I got a dog run that I am going to tarp for a shelter and just add it on to their pen so I might be able to squeeze another peacock. Haha I love your pics!

5. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    So the other peas didn't want to roost out there on the tree? I would have thought all of them would be up there enjoying the tree...That tree will be great when it gets leaves as long as the peafowl don't eat the new leaves off first.

6. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:Nope they didn't roost on there new tree..they roost now where he had been roosting..then again maybe they will move over there or maybe they already have. Iam too tired to go look..hehhee

Thank u

7. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    That came out really nice! Great job!

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    You did an awesome job!

9. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Thanks so much everyone

Xoxox

10. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Well my netting still isn't here, so YOU DEFIANTLY DID WIN!!!!
    I took out the metal pole and got a 15 foot tall wood post so I can screw my bird house to it.
    I am also putting a board across it once I get it concreted into the ground. My wife thinks that it will look like a cross so she really doesn't like the idea at all. Neither do I now that she has been yelling at me.
    Anyway I will post pics once I figure it all out.
    Wish I had a tree like yours. SO JEALOUS again hehe

Oh yeah did you have any boards fallen down?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by