What a morning - talk about Labor Day!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Sep 6, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Mr. Jingles is leaving far too many deposits around, so I went to get mouse traps. Traps set. I'm in the kitchen making cookies, dry stuff seperated, just about to add butter when Ken busts in through the back door: "Barred rock loose in... the field next door!". I run out there and we chase her around like a couple of idiots for about 10 minutes, finally catch her and come to the conclusion they need their wings trimmed.

Ok, so 15 minutes later and few bruises, the wings are cut, the chickens are happy and I can go back to my cookies. I am mixing away, sampling chocolate chips when Sara comes in the kitchen: "LOOK!!!" Mr. Jingles is just standing there staring at me. So I grabbed a paper towel and picked him up. Great! Now what??? I run out with the mouse, about to put it in the trash. Nope, he'll just come back in. OH KEN!!!!! He gave it to the chickens. OMG!!!! One gets the mouse the others are a race behind the leader, leader lets go, race starts all over again. It's BR in the lead, going, going, oops, BO gets the mouse. Bo in the lead, running running!!!! Gone to Roadie the Roo. RIP Mr. Jingles.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Reading that wore out my eyeballs!

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I thought you were going to say you sampled the mouse poo when you said you were sampling chocolate chips [​IMG]

4. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  5. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Wow, Debi! You're morning was a bit more exciting than ours! David ran the Mt. Baldy run (8 mile run to the top of Mt. Baldy...8 miles and 4,000 ft vertical elevation gain). He ran the entire thing in 2 hrs on the dot! [​IMG] That trail is steep! The fastest people were averaging 1.5 hrs and the max time limit allowed for runner is 3 hrs, so he came in at a good time!

I, however....stayed below and held onto his wallet. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Well, I FELT like I ran a marathon after all that!!!! Everyone is now resting under the awnings in the coop. Running from us and then trying to catch that mouse wore them out.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Its almost like that race horse MyWifeDoesntKnow and MyWifeDoesKnow type of scenario.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by