What a motley crew. Warning: contains baby pictures

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rpchris, Sep 15, 2011.

1. rpchris

rpchris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    I just received these fuzzy butts two weeks ago and they are growing up fast. Each is the size of my fist already. The cuteness factor is starting to wear off.
    [​IMG]

Everyday they have a new sprout of feathers. Jane's tail feathers are getting very long.
    [​IMG]

Mercedes has feathers coming in along her neck and chest.
    [​IMG]

They are getting so tall that I'm going to need a larger box soon.
    [​IMG]

"Yeah, we can totally jump the wall. Who's first?"
    [​IMG]

Thanks for indulging my need to show off the kids.

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    very cute! They do grow up fast!

3. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I think you and I talked when our babies first came in...like that you added the baby picture warning! So here are my babies 2 wks later (not trying to hog your spotlight:))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and trying out dust bathing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I built them a bigger/taller "box" last night! Glad to see your chickies are doing well!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  4. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Very cute!!!!!!!! I loved how you said the cuteness factor is wearing out! They are so cute when they get here, now mine are almost 6 weeks old and spring up feathers all over:) lol

5. rpchris

rpchris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    Quote:Wow! Yours look a little more developed than mine do. Look at those tail feathers. But at the rate they are growing it could be yours are 5 minutes older than mine.

I recognize the RIRs what are the others?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  6. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    From adorable babyhood into awkward adolescence in just a few weeks! Mine are 3 months old now and have been back to pretty for some time, but never the cuteness of that first week. Thanks for sharing.

7. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    rpchris,

This bunch includes 2 Speckled Sussexs, 2 Australorps, 2 Plymouth Barred Rocks, 2 Americaunas, 2 Dk Brahmas, and 2 RIRs! My DH says they are my designer chicks! and yes they are growing fast, haha 5 minutes older, so true!

My first chicks were 3 white and 3 brown from TSC, amazing how little I knew 1 1/2 yrs ago when I got them! Lost 2 to weasels this spring...so why not get 12 more! I have a new (used but free) 8x8 shed coming tomorrow that I am going to modify for the new girls and build a seperate run. love chicken math!

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:Your dark brahma looks exactly like mine.[​IMG]. Here's her pics.

[​IMG]

Here she is now laying beautiful very large brown eggs daily!
    [​IMG]

9. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    She is gorgeous!!! I have 2 and out of the 12 chicks they are the friendliest, they run over to me and love me to rub their chests!

10. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:I wish I had two of her. My daughter picked her out and she was the last brahma they had. My DB is top hen and a very sweet one at that. She dose not peck unnecessarily at the rest of the flock. I'm surprised how big and how often she lays. She lays 7 eggs a week so far.

Your chicks are so very cute. I do miss the baby age. They were fun to have inside the house the first few weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by