What a rip off!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FLchook, Jun 19, 2008.

1. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    For my birthday I wanted a new key for my car. The electronic part of my key died some time ago, but I was just dealing with it. Well The car has 1 key hole in the entire car. I have to unlock the car to unlock the trunk. With a 2 year old, it can be abit ann9oying. Well We now have another little bundle of joy coming, and I just wanted one less thing to stress about with getting loaded into the car. So DH surpised me today with my new key. He gave it to me early becuase he knew I would question such a large hit on the account. Ready for this..........$215 for one single key!!!! They tried to charge an additional $93 "programming" fee but they dropped it when DH was about to change his mind LOL.

If this thing break in the time that the last one did...they will be dreading the day I bought thier car!

Ok...venting over, thanks for listening LOL

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Your welcome glad I could help......

3. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    [​IMG]

I mean, what else is there to say?

4. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Exactly what kind of car do your have?? That is a horrible price for a key, I think......[​IMG]

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    My son just bought a key for his Grand Prix. It was $83.00. I thought that was bad. You win. Crazy isn't it?

6. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Oh man, that's awful! I just let my husband know so he would stop taking his KEY ownership so lightly!

Stacy

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

My husband told me it would cost $179 to replace the keys for our new Camry [​IMG] I'm sure most of that cost is due to having to buy them from the stealers......I mean dealers [​IMG]

8. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Yup...have to get them from the deals <sigh> We have a dodge Magnum. Nothing all that fancy. Im thinking im in the wrong business LOL

9. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    My aunt said it would cost her $230.00 to get another key for their GMC Sierra.

And my cousin has a Honda hybrid, and she lost her key...it took $480.00 to get a new one.

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Yep, the price is high due to a computer chip embeded in the key.

Just wait until you have to replace the ignition switch...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by