What a Sweetheart!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickMagnet09, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ChickMagnet09

ChickMagnet09 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2009
    Minnesota
    I was just out to my coop and I usually hang out in there for a while and I have a Buff Orpington who has become quite attached to me. Tonight she hopped into my lap and sunggled and went to sleep! She was so cute! Has anyone ever had this happen with their chicks?

2. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a few snugglebugs now, Ella of course, her daughter Cammi, Hazel, Shawn, and Apollo especially. But I remember the first was Alva, it was a pretty special moment. You don't expect that kind of affection from a chicken. [​IMG]

3. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    I have a "porch" hen -- she was raised with 14 roos (yeah, the 50 50 on straight run didn't work for me!) and she HATES the boys...There aren't that many around now, but she just freaks out when they come around. She's been laying now for about a month, and she usually lays her egg behind a plastic tub right by the back door. She likes me to carry her around, and loves to fall asleep in my lap. She's a Rhode Island Red. Enjoy! Buffies have great personalities too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by