What a terrible chicken day. *VENT*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Jul 1, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    SHEESH! It really was a terrible day for my chickens and I. [​IMG] Just to sum things up and try to make a long story short, here's what happened. To start my day off I found out that the chicks that I hatched for my nephew this past weekend died last night at his house. They were fine when I took them to him last night, so I don't have a clue what happened there. After that lovely news I checked on my chicks and saw that they were all scratching their heads like crazy. My guess is mites that they got from a chick I picked up this past weekend. [​IMG] That's another long story! After I dusted the chicks down with DE, I checked on my chicks in the coop and noticed that one of the Silkies I got for my daughter that has a issue with its neck but was on the mend, went backwards and was the worst I've seen it. Every time it turned its head, it would turn completely upside down. Now if that wasn't enough, I came home from taking my son to ball practice this evening and found my little Buff Orp. that has had problems since it hatched Sunday, drowned in the water dish. [​IMG] I tell you what. Tomorrow better be a much better day or I might just throw in the towel. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Gosh! You have had a terrible day! [​IMG] Sounds like you need a spa day! Hope tomorrow is better!

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG] I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I know how difficult it is then murphy's law seems to take over your life [​IMG] Hang in there.........it always gets better eventually [​IMG]

4. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    gumpsgirl, so sorry, hope tomorrow is much better :aww

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    oh Stacey I'm so sorry. When it rains it pours! I thought the little silkie was doing much better :-(

6. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:So sorry . Hope tomorrow is much better for you . CALGON TAKE ME AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Stacey, when you own chickens long enough, you get those kind of days at times. I'm sorry for all your troubles today! Geez. Wish I could give you a real, honest-to-goodness hug!

8. chicamama

chicamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Topanga Ca
    [​IMG]

9. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so so so sorry. I hope that tomorrow is much better! [​IMG] :aww [​IMG]

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Thank you for all of the cyber hugs and well wishes everyone. I just went and checked on my chicks and a few are still scratching like crazy and some are sneezing now, which could be from the DE powder I guess. [​IMG] Here in a few minutes I'm going to go in and rub each one down with the DE and clean the brooder good again. The little banty that introduced this crap in the first place seems to be doing better today, so hopefully that means the others will be on the mend soon as well. I'm not sure about the Silkie yet, as I haven't been out to the coop this morning. I will be going out that direction soon so we'll see.

Thanks again everyone! Here's to a MUCH better day. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by