What a way to start the morning!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Oct 24, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I got up with DH at 5:30 this morning, highly unusual for me but I have some important errands to run today.

DH let our two GSDs out and a few minutes later they started barking. When their barking changed from "I see a cow!" to a more frantic bark we tried to call them in. Our younger GSD came running (from outside the fenced yard) but no sign of our older one Jax.

We searched the entire farm in DH's jeep in the dark, in the dense fog. No Jax. DH left for work on time, which I will be ticked off about for awhile. [​IMG]

I searched our farm again, then the neighboring farm, again in DH's jeep; I even drove up and down the main road. Called both of the closest neighbors and went out and searched some more.

Finally a neighbor called back to tell me she had just seen a german shepherd and he was headed this way.

When I went outside to call him up I noticed it had gotten daylight out.

I also noticed that DH's jeep is now completely covered in cow manure. Serves him right. [​IMG]

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    So glad the naughty boy is home safe and sound! They just dont realize how important they are!

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:No, they don't. Jax and Kane are my children. I was frantic. [​IMG]

4. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Whew, what a way to start not only the day but the week! Glad he got his run in and came home safely! This was my morning post: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=589039 your day didn't start out quite as happy but sounds like it's looking up! DH is gonna love his jeep...well deserved!

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    DH can complain about not having the money right now all he wants (we do, he just doesn't like to spend it). We WILL be getting a 6 ft. fence. Six feet that the dogs can still easily jump over, but maybe it will discourage them a tad bit. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I will now be taking my nice clean jeep to run my errands. [​IMG]

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Well at least you didn't get what I got! After taking herself off on a nice pre-dawn romp Athena came back with a stink! She had rolled in fresh fox poop. [​IMG]

I had to leave her outside while I finished getting the kids ready for school and she cried and whined like she was the most destitute abandoned puppy ever! Drama queen dog! [​IMG]

I bathed her indoors since I didn't want to freeze but I gave her fair warning - next time she does this she gets bathed outside! [​IMG] See if she listens to me.

Poo happens.

8. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    been there done that too many times.......... we just finished fencing in about 2 acres for the dogs. Glad they came home safe!

9. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Well at least you didn't get what I got! After taking herself off on a nice pre-dawn romp Athena came back with a stink! She had rolled in fresh fox poop. [​IMG]

I had to leave her outside while I finished getting the kids ready for school and she cried and whined like she was the most destitute abandoned puppy ever! Drama queen dog! [​IMG]

I bathed her indoors since I didn't want to freeze but I gave her fair warning - next time she does this she gets bathed outside! [​IMG] See if she listens to me.

Poo happens.

And it always happens 1 of 3 most inconvenient times

1. early in the am when you're already running late
    2. late at night when it's past bedtime
    or 3. right after they get a bath!​

10. kaom

kaom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    St Albans UK
    sounds kinda familiar lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by