What a week! Pics added.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicky Joy, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Well, it's been a heck of a day and a heck of a week. I got my associate's degree in the mail on Tuesday. The degree is for classes I'd taken a few years ago but if felt really good to finallly get the paper in my hand.

Thursday I found out my Dad has been hospitalized for congestive heart failure. He seems to be doing a bit better since he's been in the hospital. We're not sure how long he will be there or how severe everything is.

Our fridge decided to quit working properly. We had to replace it today. We have a used one that my mother in law had. It's not the greatest but it works, and it was free. We also got a sheet metal roof put on our chicken coop today. I haven't had time to go look at it but I'll try and take some pics soon.

In a few days my six black star chicks will be arriving. Tomorrow I have to finish setting up my brooder. Construction is also underway on my chicken tractor. My husband will probably finish the tractor sometime this week.

I just figured I'd share my crazy week with everyone. Some bad, some good. Lots of chicken related happenings. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Whew! That was quite a week! Congrats on the degree... I'm one class away from getting one myself.

Best of luck to your Dad. I hope all goes well and he'll be on the mend soon.

Good luck with your new chicks! I have a Black Star too (only one though...)

[​IMG]

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Wow that was some week! But many congrats on getting your degree..applause, bravo!

Sorry to hear about your dad, give him our best wishes from across the pond and tell him he will be in our prayers.

Exiciting news about your chicks...something to make you smile.

Keep the forum posted to your dad's progress and your chicks too. Good Luck [​IMG]

4. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    The chicken tractor should be finished in a few days. We've had too much other stuff going on to spend a lot of time on it. I used an old wooden frame from a screen door for the bottom.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the back of the coop. We converted a shed we weren't using. The metal from the roof was extra that my husband's uncle had. He came over and helped put it up, then helped swap the refrigerators. We're lucky to have so many people willing to help us with materials and everything else.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My companions on my morning walk around the yard...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, I need to eat some breakfast and get ready to go to work. I'll keep everything updated. I haven't gotten any new information about my dad. Hopefully I will tonight.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Good Luck with everything! Your cats look very sweet. [​IMG] Hope your dad heals up nicely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by