1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what about a chick that might be part chipmunk?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by seeyathea, May 17, 2011.

1. seeyathea

seeyathea Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Besides their chipmunky markings, these two unknowns almost never stop eating...
    [​IMG]
    ...except when they take a break to get a drink.
    The farmer said Isa Browns but I don't see any info about such chicken on this site?

2. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    ISA browns are one of the sex linked breeds. i am unsure if it is also known as a comet or something else. i was thinking that color is what an EE looks like as a chick!

3. seeyathea

May 17, 2011
    I thought Easter Eggers had blue/green/gray legs? No?

I'm just happy we finally got the little peepers...not to worried about what kind they are but I was concerned when I couldn't find any info.

Oh and can you remind me...what are sex linked? is that when the females are one color and the males are another?

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

5. seeyathea

May 17, 2011
    Thanks for the Welsummer link. My son would be so excited to see those eggs in the nesting box! I'll cross my fingers.

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Yep. One of my favorites, but man are there a lot of breeds that chipmuck out.

7. ChickensAreSweet

Quote:Some hatcheries don't carry wellies. There are a few breeds that look like little chipmonks. I really can't tell them apart when they are chicks.

8. ChickensAreSweet

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Our three 1 week old Speckled Sussex look just like your chipmunk ones and they have yellow legs & feet.

10. seeyathea

May 17, 2011
    It's kind of like having a baby...a small part of me wishes they would stay cute little balls of fluff - the big part can't wait to see what they will become.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by