1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What about a member map?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by halo, Apr 30, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ive read post after post of people asking where others live, to pick up eggs or chicks. Ive seen on other forums where they have a map of the US with little dots to show where everyone lives. I know we have a gazillion members now, so maybe we could do it by individual state? That way when people post something for sale, we could check the maps and see exactly where they are in the state to see if driving is feasible, or to see if any other members are closer or whatever. It wouldnt have to be an exact address map, just a general city map.

I know I keep seeing members from Florida, and when they mention where they live, often I dont know where that is and I have to go to Mapquest to see where that particular city is, to see if its close to me.

2. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Great idea but you all have to remember to have us Canadians on there too:>)

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Um....well, yeah, just exactly like that!

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Dang it... I tried to add to that map, and it crashed! [​IMG] My photo is there, but it won't let me move it to the right location. It thinks I'm in Kansas somewhere, I think. [​IMG] Now the site won't open for me...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by