What about adding concentrated oxygen to your incubator????

kajhurley

Songster
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Cooper, TX
I work for an oxygen company and i have access to machines that produce 95% oxygen. Would it be good if i ran the hose directly into my incubator?? Giving my chicks an oxygen rich environment. Any advise?

Increasing the oxygen level will create an extreme fire hazard! A mere 10% over normal, and humans would be unable to control fire.

Now, increasing the air exchange in a bator is a good thing! The bator that can exchange the most air and hold the most constant temp and humidity is better than one you have to keep all plunged up.

My short answer is don't do it
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
The exact answer would require all sorts of testing equipment. What kind of bator do you have?

Quote:
I agree that it would be a fire hazard, not sure on how to tell if you have proper air exchange but air exchange isn't one of the more important aspects of incubation. What type of incubator do you have?

That would probably be a good way to burn your house down, but there are easier ways to increase air flow in your bator.

How many air vents do you have in your bator? Where are they located?

What type of heating element do you have? I would just drill 2 or 4 "plugable" holes either 1/4 or 1/2" in diameter. Do you have a fan in there? Most just use an old computer fan. That will help to. Just remember higher air exchange meens that you will go through more humidity. The chicks/embryos won't use much oxygen until they start hatching anyway so as long as you have a vent hole or 2 I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom