What about dressed eggs?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by countrygirl4513, Aug 9, 2007.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Anybody got a dressed egg recipe they would like to share?

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Dressed egg? This I've never heard of. What, do you put tiny dresses and suits on them? Ok, I'm trying to be funny. I admit it. Gotta get folks to laugh around here. But seriously, I have never heard of dressed eggs. Are they like Deviled eggs?

3. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    But seriously, I have never heard of dressed eggs. Are they like Deviled eggs?

So sorry, I guess my country girl is showing... yes deviled eggs. We call them dressed eggs here. If I said deviled eggs to anyone they would look at me like [​IMG]
    "Oh... (speaking to a sibling) I'll bring deviled eggs for the pot luck." She would probably start rolling on the floor.​

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  4. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    I don't really have a recipe. [​IMG] But I can tell you what I put in mine. I start with about 1 1/2 dozen, using all the yolks, but usually have to toss some of the white because they didn't peel nice. I add Hellman's Mayo (Best Foods on the west coast) about, oh say 1/2 cup, then mash the yolks. I add about a tablespoon of good yellow mustard, about a 1/2 tsp. of a good spicy mustard, salt, pepper, season salt, and a good amount of paprika.

They come out thick with a good amount of zip.
    Hope this helps a bit, lol. I never measure when I make mine, I just give a dollop here and a pinch there, you know?

Jess

5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Ah. Thanks. Gotta love regional Semantics. I just moved to La last year. This sweet older lady was talking about her creamed potatoes. I said I'd never heard of creamed potatoes (I got a reeealy strange look from her), are they like creamed corn? She laughed, no y'all probably call them mashed potatoes. duh.
    Anyway, when I make Deviled/Dressed Eggs, I just mash the hard boiled egg yolk, add mayo, tad bit of yellow mustard, s&p, and a bit of sweet relish. My daughter adds dill but we don't care for dill in anything. I just mix it all till it tastes right and put it back in the boiled egg white.

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

1 foil packet of baby shrimp (you could use fresh I guess)
    12 eggs boiled & peeled
    1/4 cup mayo
    1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

Sliced eggs in half, remove yolk and place in a bowl. Mash yolks with a fork. Drain packet of shrimp & add to yolks. Mix in mayo & Old Bay. Spoon back into whites. You can sprinkle with a bit more Old Bay or paprika if you want

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I like to put the mashed yolk mixture into a baggie, snip the corner, and squirt thr egg whites full again. Makes pretty swirly patterns if you do it right. A baggie is a redneck pastry bag, dontcha know...

8. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    Elton Brown on the show Good Eats on Food Network would call it a multitasker, LOL.

I love baggies for things like that. I have pastry bags for icing cakes, and they are a royal pain in the butt to get clean.

Jess

9. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't measure anything, just do it to taste. I mash up all the yolks then add: Mayo, Grey Poupon mustard (or similar), and white vinegar. You don't need lots of vinegar, just enough to give it a kick. I do the "redneck" baggie thing as well to pipe in the yolk, then top with paprika. Sorry there's no measurements. I've ordered the ingredients from what I use most of to least if that helps any. A lot of my cooking is done this way. You can thank my grandma for that!

10. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Coyote,

That's got to be the most unique recipe I've ever seen for that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by