what about his color?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by syble, Dec 20, 2011.

1. syble

syble Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    I'm not quite sure what to class this little one as...

[​IMG]

Its 4 weeks old give or take? in person it looks very gray... i've compared it to my tibetan tux male:
    [​IMG] (excuse his fruffy feathers, hes due a new set)

All my tibetans have a fair bit of red and other warm tones in them compared to that little guy. The rosettas are even more red and different.

I'm sure time will make it easy, just seams an odd color, kind of like charcoal lol
    Sib

2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Their tux's

3. syble

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    lol, I know that... tux is a pattern not a color... I have brown tux, jumbo tux, golden tux and rosetta& tibetan tux... his dark color is the color i'm trying to narrow down, it seams way gray/brown to be either rosetta or tibetan

4. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    I don't know what color to call it...but I like the amount of white it is displaying.

5. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

hmm maybe not a tux, maybe half white half brown

6. syble

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    Quote:I agree fully, very sharp looking when standing on his own power lol.

His pattern is a tux. I don't think hes a brown tux as he lacks those highlights and what not that normals/wilds/browns have. I'm fairly certain that i know who his dad is, and hes a wild/brown tux.

7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    It looks like a Tib Tux to me. They should have the charcoal look, the originals have it. The more mixed ones have more red to it.

8. syble

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    good to know [​IMG] I tried to send you the photo directly, but it bounced back at me [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    To clarify, it is a DARK Tibetan tuxedo, there are more than one type of Tibetan [​IMG]

10. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Quote:Hi Hun, 'jumpin in' on the thread since I've been gone so long, but dont mean to intrude [​IMG] I was wondering if you had anymore jumbo's for sale? I bought 3 dozen from you last spring, have culled down my program a bit and am looking for a few more "Heavy" birds like last time [​IMG] Please PM me when you have time...thank you.

Misty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by