1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what age do brown leghorn roos start to crow

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenbottom, May 17, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    mine were born jan 13 and havent crowed or tried to crow at all its weird i love the sound of crowing roos and i dont have it i listen to my neighbors roosters that are over a mile away its so peaceful

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Let me put it this way - you will know when they are starting to crow. It will sound like a cat being strangled.

3. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    lol i cant wait

4. debilorrah

It's a pretty funny sound!!!! You wait - it will shock you and you will be looking around for something else before you realize it's your roo! [​IMG]

5. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    you make it sound like its gonna be a bad thing lmao hopefully the dead cat thing wont last long [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

It last a couple of weeks, but once you figure out what it is it won;t be nearly as disturbing as it is before you realize it's your roo. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by