What age do geese stop laying?

BrennaM

Chirping
Jun 6, 2022
I've had my white chinese goose for about 10 years. She's been laying since I got her and I don't know her age. She usually lays around 20+ eggs annually but spring of 22' she only layed around 5 or so. Is it possible she's getting too old? I really wanted to attempt to hatch some of her eggs this upcoming spring.

I've had my white chinese goose for about 10 years. She's been laying since I got her and I don't know her age. She usually lays around 20+ eggs annually but spring of 22' she only layed around 5 or so. Is it possible she's getting too old? I really wanted to attempt to hatch some of her eggs this upcoming spring.
Breeder geese are kept for about 4 years for maximum egg production. I've read a lot of mixed things on the Internet before about how long they lay for but I haven't found anything concrete about when they stop. Seems to be a very individual goose thing.
Especially since you don't know how old she was when you got her it's possible she's done but maybe you'll get a few out of her. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom