What age do you retire your muscovies?

I think French Whites are beautiful but I am partial to whites anyway. But yes they are supposedly the best meat duck in the Muscovy because of size and clean carcass once butchered.
I just own all white ducks, kind of annoys me how I always end up with one color up duck, despite them being my favorite breeds. I love the coloring... when they aren't dirty. :lau Mine are more of an off color white, I think my biggest drake is gorgeous, just dopey looking. My pekins stay clean which is why I love pekins, they bath themselves and there feathers are always clean :lau I only have ever owned brown ducks and white ducks.

I am from the Philippines. I use to be an IT guy who works from Brooklyn but I got sick of it so I decided to go back to the Philippines and own a homestead. I teach Japanese Children English online to compensate since I can't sell yet. My fowl population is still low. I also own a Mango farm.
That's cool! Hopefully you can get some more fowl and make some money. The only problem I've ever had with french whites is they love to eat, which is why I don't leave feed out for them 24/7. They can easily hurt there feet to if they don't get enough of what they need, especially if they become over weight. I've only ever had that problem once, without lasting damage. Thankfully.

My oldest drake so far was 1 month shy of 12 yrs when he passed away. His legs gave out on him at around 10 yrs. My 12 yr old Muscovy female has arthritis in her hip. She still is getting around pretty good. They are the best ducks if you want one like a puppy., Tail wagging,:love personality plus.

My oldest drake so far was 1 month shy of 12 yrs when he passed away. His legs gave out on him at around 10 yrs. My 12 yr old Muscovy female has arthritis in her hip. She still is getting around pretty good. They are the best ducks if you want one like a puppy., Tail wagging,:love personality plus.
Your drake died?

That's my favorite thing about Coco! She comes running like a dog every time I go outside and when she's out of the fenced in area she walks right up to me for me to open up the gate for her... She can fly over the fence, she just chooses to have me be her gate slave :gig

:lau Aren't they a hoot? I just love them so much. I haven't clipped wings yet since they had their big molt I am hoping since these girls are going on 8-9 maybe they won't want to fly any longer.

That's my favorite thing about Coco! She comes running like a dog every time I go outside and when she's out of the fenced in area she walks right up to me for me to open up the gate for her... She can fly over the fence, she just chooses to have me be her gate slave :gig
:lau My muscovies come to me... not to run to me.. it's because they want food :rant Whenever I bring bread for the chickens... Bella finds me:oops:

Back
Top Bottom