What age do you retire your muscovies?

My Pekins are like that. They're pigs with wings. Coco doesn't care about food, she just wants love.
My mallard is like that, tiny little thing following you around the yard. She was a runt out of 500 and somehow we ended up with someone as special and love-able as her :love I rescued her from being used as game fowl, normally people will shoot them with their hunting dogs.. not sure if this is a tradition everywhere. So I took her home and she starting squeaking and bobbing her little head! she makes a bunch of different sounds, I admire her. She is the boss of my drake flock though :lau

I just own all white ducks, kind of annoys me how I always end up with one color up duck, despite them being my favorite breeds. I love the coloring... when they aren't dirty.
:lau
Back when I had ducks, all I ever had were brown ones ... even the white ducks were brown ducks ... which is why I no longer own ducks ... Ducks izz MESSY!"

I feel like I need to get more colorful ducks because my muscovy is the only one I have that has color... She's a chocolate brown color with green wings and black and white around her eyes. She's drop dead gorgeous!

I feel like I need to get more colorful ducks because my muscovy is the only one I have that has color... She's a chocolate brown color with green wings and black and white around her eyes. She's drop dead gorgeous!
I'm going to a show and I'm gonna buy some in the summer. I'm gonna get the prettiest ones I see :love Along with craigslist muscovies in the spring.

I'm going to a show and I'm gonna buy some in the summer. I'm gonna get the prettiest ones I see :love Along with craigslist muscovies in the spring.
There are a lot of lavender and blue muscovies where I am at in the spring at the chicken swaps.

I want to see what breeding Coco with my drake pekin will look like. I might keep a couple of their offspring just because I can :lol:

There are a lot of lavender and blue muscovies where I am at the swaps in the spring.

I want to see what breeding Coco with my drake pekin will look like. I might keep a couple of their offspring just because I can :lol:
I'm gonna be looking out for browns. Lavenders are also very pretty. Black and white is something I wanna go after to. I'm hoping to get a lavender and a black muscovy, maybe 2 runners (I'm obsessed with black runners!)

I'm gonna be looking out for browns. Lavenders are also very pretty. Black and white is something I wanna go after to. I'm hoping to get a lavender and a black muscovy, maybe 2 runners (I'm obsessed with black runners!)
Just to give you a little inspiration... I might be a big enabler :idunno

Here's Coco the chocolate muscovy. I just went outside to get the last two pictures. Sorry if they are a bit fuzzy, I had to zoom in from our deck because she is on top of our 9-ft coop.

This was her a month ago
IMG_20191017_104210~2.jpg

This is her today. She still has the green wings and they have a little bit of blue now too
IMG_20191206_122429~2.jpg

IMG_20191206_122421~2.jpg

Just to give you a little inspiration... I might be a big enabler :idunno

Here's Coco the chocolate muscovy. I just went outside to get the last two pictures. Sorry if they are a bit fuzzy, I had to zoom in from our deck because she is on top of our 9-ft coop.

This was her a month ago
View attachment 1975880

This is her today. She still has the green wings and they have a little bit of blue now too
View attachment 1975881

View attachment 1975882
Coco is adorable! Quite funny that she is on the coop :lau I plan on clipping wings when I get some hens. Right now I have an all drake flock, except for one mallard hen. I'm looking into getting 2 runners (Planning on 1 black and 1 of some random color) A couple muscovy hens.. can't decide how many, most possibly 2 or 3 of Lavender, chocolate and black. Along with a call duck, white of course, they're so fluffy and soft looking :gig No more mallards though, most would just fly off with other ducks during the winter, we got lucky My mallard-Taylor- Stayed, she loves people now.

Back
Top Bottom