What age do you think these girls are? *PICS*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mrsgibber, Apr 17, 2009.

1. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    I got six chicks a few weeks back and was told at the time that they were all four weeks. I believe that the Silkie, Antwerp and maybe even the Black Sexlink could be but I feel like the 2 golden coments and one EE have to be older by a week or two. What age would you put on them?

[​IMG] Here's the EE

[​IMG] The Comet's

[​IMG] Comet

[​IMG] The group

So what do you think??? How many weeks??? [​IMG]

2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    i have no clue, maybe around 10 or 12 weeks?

3. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Hmmm...if I were to go with what the seller told me they would only be 7 weeks...that just doesn't sound right to me when I look at their size! [​IMG]

4. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Any more guesses? [​IMG] I'm wondering if they are old enough for me to turn their lamp off at night.

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I wish I could help better, but my only knowledge is with Silkies... and she looks to be 10+ weeks to me!

6. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

They are old enough to turn off the light. They are fully feathered and since there is six of them they can huddle close if they get a little cool. I would guess 8 to 9 weeks old here is a pic of my 7 week olds for comparsion.

[​IMG]

7. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Whoa, really? I sure do love her....well him or her...still don't know. It's little walnut comb is starting to turn pinkish red though. Guess we'll find out when it either crows or drops an egg. [​IMG] Thanks!

8. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Quote:Your's look about the same as my BSL so that would be right on target. But I agree, I think my comets and EE are 8 to 9 weeks.

I don't even think the 100W bulb is providing them with all that much heat but I've been afraid to turn it off yet. It's gonna be warmer tonight so I'm going to leave it off and see how they do.

Thanks!

9. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    RHewitt, your's are really pretty. What do you have there?

10. mommathea

mommathea Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    They look close to my 9wkrs. I'd say somewhere in that general area.
    They are old enough to be out from under the light. I have mine still in the garage (the coop is taking forever) and have a light in there to simulate day and night. We turn the light on when we get up, and off at bedtime.
    If they were out in the coop I probably wouldn't have a light for them at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by