What age does white chinese geese mature at?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chickenbuttsowhat, Jan 13, 2012.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    about a month ago i got a white chinese geese they lady said its about 4 to 6 months old cant rmember which lol i believe its a girl so was wondering if it is what age would she be laying and about what age is the geese mature?

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    I have a pair I got as babies in april and mine hasnt started laying yet so I'm not sure it might be spring.

3. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    wow take a long time [​IMG] so used to my chickens lol

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I don't have Chinese geese, but my Blue Americans are still growing at the age of 2 years.

Some geese lay eggs as yearlings. Don't expect eggs until they are 2 years old and you can be pleased if they are early and not be disappointed if they are on schedule.

Chinese geese, which are swan geese, are supposed to lay more eggs than the greylag derived breeds.

5. urban.friendly.farming

urban.friendly.farming Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2011
    I got a young (hatched in spring of last year) pair of African (brown chinese?) in the late summer, and she layed an egg every other day for about 3 and a half weeks in November and early December. She was about 8 months old at that point.

6. Bayboy73

Bayboy73 New Egg

Apr 30, 2013
    My our chinese white now 3 don't lay till now last year ants ate her alive along with babies this year good but she just keeps laying eggs sit lay sit lay bout them thinking both were female till male got his big *** horn and now is aggrevise likes to play raise wings and bite shoes strings and the he's fine what chartor

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That's too bad about those ants. Keep her safe and the gosling too if she hatches any. [​IMG] and [​IMG]

8. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Some of my chinese started laying at 5 months but my males were to young so the eggs were not fertile, the next year at the same time they hatched babies at the age of 18 months

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by