What age?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KelsiNS, Aug 26, 2013.

1. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    What age did you notice your roosters startingto try and crow? I have a few boys that are a month old and nearly three weeks old. I am eagerly awaiting the first crow :)

My neighbors may not agree, but i am surrounded by yorkies, labs, and assorted mutts that bark 24/7, so a nice throaty COCKADOODLEDOOOOO will he a welcome change ;)

2. SuburbSpurs

SuburbSpurs Chillin' With My Peeps

The rooster I had didn't crow for 3 months, we were so sure he was a girl.

3. SuburbSpurs

SuburbSpurs Chillin' With My Peeps

4-5 months I thinks i average

4. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    Thank you! :)

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    My bantam roosters usually start crowing by 10-12 weeks of age. Or course, their first crows sound almost nothing like a full-grown rooster's crow--more like a squeaky noise. [​IMG]

6. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Our Buttercup started trying *really* hard by 8wks and finally got it at ten. He sounded like a hoarse rooster, but rooster sounds he made! He's gotten much better in the past couple of weeks.

7. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    Thats awesome! I have two boys for sure, possibly two whoopsy boys ;) combs are RED, but they are fully feathered and feminine. Im excited, all are different breeds so i will have no limit to handsome flock watchers![​IMG] my 100% boys, Hershey and Merle
    [​IMG] whoopsy Lemon on the left. The fourth (i was supposed to have another EE) looks like a buff may be a boy

8. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    Its going to be musical out here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by