1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What am I? BLRW? Pic heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CantSkipThis1, May 28, 2010.

1. CantSkipThis1

CantSkipThis1 In the Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Bonita
    So like many of you I have a new found chicken addition! :)

I went to a local lady today to drop off some of my unwanted Roo's and ended up buying two more pullets. Duh! One is a SLW and the other was bought/hatched as a BLRW. Theres one problem...this pullet is all blue with some random white, no red. What could she be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!!

*** Mother to a beautiful 3 year old girl, two Aussies, two horses, one mini horse, 5 cats, 2 Black copper Marans, 2 Weaten Marans, 1 Olive Egger, 1 White Silkie, 1 Blue Cochin, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Araucana, 1 SLW, 1 BLRW? and a great loving husband!***

2. ve

ve Songster

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    SLW roo over BLRW hen.Girls are silver like the father and in your case blue from the mother.That's only I am thinking as posible.Looks Wyandotte

3. CantSkipThis1

May 17, 2010
    Bonita
    Quote:Interesting. I think this was a hachery bird. You would think they would keep the different colors apart.

Thanks!

4. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Hatchery Quality SLW

5. CantSkipThis1

May 17, 2010
    Bonita
    Quote:How is it a SLW when the whole bird is blue? Do SLW have blue in them?

6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

It appears to be black [​IMG] If the pics were better, I could tell easily [​IMG]

7. CantSkipThis1

May 17, 2010
    Bonita

It appears to be black [​IMG] If the pics were better, I could tell easily [​IMG]

LOL sorry! The pics were taken with my Iphone. She is def. all blue in real life. I will try and get some better pictures.

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    My only other Solution is that the Hatchery BLRW Are carring the silver gene, so it popped up in this bird [​IMG] You have a Blue laced Silver Wyandotte

9. chickee

chickee Songster

Looks just like my Blue silver laced Wyandotte roo from my Blue Wyandotte rooster x Silver Laced Wyandotte hen cross. She will be really pretty! [​IMG]

10. chickee

chickee Songster

Here is a picture of what he looks like at 3 months
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by