What Am I ?? Breed Guessing Game :)

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Hello, I think I got better pics this time to try and guess my "Feather Legged Bantam Assortment" chicks from Ideal. Any guesses would be great. They finally stopped dying off. I have 6 now and all look great. One I know breed for sure, the others are adorable, but just curious what they are..
This is "Pumpkin"
9198_img_3601.jpg

This is " Yolko " I know this one is a Partridge Sikie.
9198_img_3611.jpg

This is " Hoot "
9198_img_3612.jpg

This is " Honey "
9198_img_3618.jpg

This is " Oreo "
9198_img_3621.jpg

Cute little bunch! Thanks for looking!
love.gif

Thanks guys! Its so hard to try to look up the breeds. The chicks sometimes look so much different as adults. Coloration can be different etc..
idunno.gif

Now that I think of it more, #5 looks like a blue cochin, and #5 could be either partridge or gold laced cochin.
smile.png
#4 has me stumped though, as it looks kind of silkie-ish?

Last edited:
Yeah, the little black and white one really has me stumped! I have ssn pics of chicks and some have more white or more black. Hard to ID. That little guy stands taller and straighter than the others. Its the tiniest too compared to the others. Oreo is my 8 year old DD's favorite (mine too)
love.gif
I will continue to look at chick pics to figure it out, but I love to get everyone's 2 cents! Thanks..

#4 does not have black skin or feet. So I think silkie is out. Its really fluffy and its hard to see in the pics, but there are alot of different shades on that one.

There are some silkie colors that don't always have black feet. It's just the head looks like it is crested, so that's why it looks silkie-ish. How many toes does it have? Colorwise it looks partridge to me.

Wow, really? I always thought that it was Silkies trait to have black skin and feet. See, you learn something new every day! It only has 4 toes though..

I know the buffs and the cuckoos have a tendency to have yellow skin, even from good breeders. I guess they are new colors?

But if it doesn't have 5 toes, then I would say it's probably a cochin, either gold-laced or partridge
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom