What am I crossed with?? Orpington x Australorp maybe??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by teresa-78, Nov 29, 2010.

1. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Hiya could you please help me identify my cockeral... im thinking maybe Orpington x Australorp... Your help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    No, Orpington x Australorps have a lot more golden coloring on them.

This bird here is a cross of a red, duckwing, or wheaten and black.

3. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    and orfs have white legs not yelow

4. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Thanks for the replies, I would love to know what he is, he is only young, about 4-5 months old, lovely natured cockeral [​IMG]

5. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    possibly mixed with a dark cornish. i have a dark cornish hen and an australorp hen and if they were mixed they would look basically like that

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:He is missing the pea comb to be such, and my that would be a sad looking Cornish to pass on offspring that look this "production" in type.

7. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:He is missing the pea comb to be such, and my that would be a sad looking Cornish to pass on offspring that look this "production" in type.

I think he is lovely, his feathers have a lovely shade of green, he looks stunning, and better than any production chicken in my eyes.

8. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010

I think he is lovely, his feathers have a lovely shade of green, he looks stunning, and better than any production chicken in my eyes.

I love the tail [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  9. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:I think he is lovely, his feathers have a lovely shade of green, he looks stunning, and better than any production chicken in my eyes.

I love the tail [​IMG]

[​IMG] thanks.... It is still growing in, he is still only a baby, and has a lot to fill out yet, I cant wait to see his tail all feathered up [​IMG]

10. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:I love the tail [​IMG]

[​IMG] thanks.... It is still growing in, he is still only a baby, and has a lot to fill out yet, I cant wait to see his tail all feathered up [​IMG]

LOL de-railing, I know, but he is cute! My birds don't have tails as such...and they're not shiny, either. [​IMG] That's why I bought myself an "illegal" australorp [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by