what am I going to do if they ALL hatch???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Sep 2, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I wanted some Ancona. I think they are pretty, not common and I wanted a TRIO. I only found them in one place on ebay, an auction for 20+ eggs. I figured that after they were shipped, normal loss, etc. I wouldn't have too many. Well I got 20 plus a few extras. Put them in the bator and waited. I kept candling and only lost a couple. Today is day 18 and I have 17 in the hatcher, and I saw one wiggling already. I have no idea what I am going to do with all the extras [​IMG] . I think because they are flighty I will have a harder time placing them, but their eggs are a very pretty creamy white. If anybody is in Maine and will want some Ancona in a couple of months let me know [​IMG]
    They are supposed to lay pretty well and the eggs are bigger than I expected, more of a medium size

Krista

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    hi..my in laws go to maine every weekend to sabago lake area...if you are any where near there..i could arrange to but a few off ya...[​IMG]..please let me know..thanks, Wendy

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    it won't be for a while I need to make sure I have 2 hens and a roo, I just had a batch of frizzled hatch and out of 8 only got 1 pullet, so my luck isnt' too good right now. If you are still interested in a couple of months I will let you have some [​IMG]

Krista

edited to say depending on what side of sebago, they may be close to me

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by