What am I? Silver Campine, Fayoumi or Silver Pencilled Hamburg?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BantamWhisperer, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I bought this little lady and the owner forgot her breed! She said she has the papers somewhere, but doesn't know for sure.... I thought Silver Campine for sure, but was told was eve more rare. These are the three breeds I narrowed down to!

• Silver Campine
    • Fayoumi
    • Silver Pencilled Hamburg

She's the one on the bottom row between the muscovies.

[​IMG]

Full Body.

[​IMG]

Back Left.

[​IMG]

Another Full Body Pic.

[​IMG]

She has a single comb
    Green legs
    and a greenish yellow beak.

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    • Silver Campine these have white ear lobes
    • Fayoumi this is what she is
    • Silver Pencilled Hamburg they have rose combs

3. [​IMG] THANKS!!!! so are they actually more rare than campines?

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    both the campines and fayoumi have white earlobes now Hdowden is right in that yours is a fayoumi as they can have the greenish legs, they are also penciled and the campines are barred

5. Ok, thanks! I looked up to see if they were anymore rare than a campine, but couldn't find any info...?

6. maransfan16

maransfan16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    southwest kentucky
    i have a silver campine rooster and a fayoumi hen does anyone on here know what i'd get colorwise? the hen is not quiet laying age yet so i haven't been able to hatch eggs from the two yet

7. Make a post in the " Breeds, Genetics, showing,etc." forum. There's lots of people who would know!

Anyone have an answer to my question?

8. maransfan16

maransfan16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    southwest kentucky
    ok thanks i'll do that sorry about that though just thought it would be a place to ask that but the american livestock breeds conservancy said that campines were on the critical list but said nothing about fayoumis hope that helps a little bit sorry thats all igot that i know might help you

9. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

They aren't your typical backyard/barnyard breeds like Rocks and Leghorns; however, if you look at several of the big hatcheries they sell them as "rare breeds." Since they are available from the big hatcheries so they're not rare like Bresse or Legbars. I can't speak to the quality of the hatchery birds.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  10. Drieslag

Drieslag Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    For more info on Campines, please check http://campines.tumblr.com/.

But to answer your question you'd probably get birds with quite a raised tail and upward chest, plus somewhat messed up barring.
    Fayoumi are more flowered in feathers, the Campine is barred.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by