What am I? UPDATED PHOTO ORIGINAL POST

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MissD'uccle, May 25, 2010.

1. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Packing Peanuts from Ideal (brown chick) and mystery chick from McMurray (white chick)... any guesses?? I'm stumped.
    White chick has clean yellow legs and a single comb. She/he appears to be bantam size. About 5 weeks old in this picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HERE SHE/HE? IS COMPARED TO A PORCELAIN D'UCCLE of the same age

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    1. RIR ( Rhode Island Red Chick! )
    2. White Rock

3. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    maybe the first is a rir or red sex link and the second a cornish cross?

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I take that back on the White Rock, it's a White Cornish Bantam!!! ( If it is a bantam! lol )

5. MissD'uccle

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    I know the little brown fluffy butt is a male (we got 4 of them as packing peanuts) but RIR would be super cool! I've never had a RIR roo. Hopefully one turns out to be somewhat nice and fits in with the flock (don't have any big roos any more as our JG had to go to freezer camp after deciding my 2 year old was competition [​IMG] )

White cornish bantam eh? That sounds kinda cool! Its definately a bantam....about the same size as my porcelain d'uccles. Do they lay white eggs?

6. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    i don't think that their is a such thing as a cornish X bantam, and even if their was one i just checked and they don't sell anything like that at ideal poultry. don't think they would send a bantam breed as a packing peanut so its probably layer breed roo like a leghorn

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    MissD'uccle :

I know the little brown fluffy butt is a male (we got 4 of them as packing peanuts) but RIR would be super cool! I've never had a RIR roo. Hopefully one turns out to be somewhat nice and fits in with the flock (don't have any big roos any more as our JG had to go to freezer camp after deciding my 2 year old was competition [​IMG] )

White cornish bantam eh? That sounds kinda cool! Its definately a bantam....about the same size as my porcelain d'uccles. Do they lay white eggs?

No, Cornish Bantams lay small brown eggs. I have one Dark Cornish Bantam hen. But I used to have 2 White Cornish bantams so I know what they look like. [​IMG]
    syndey13: Check out Cacklehatchery.com
    Murrymcmurryhatchery.com

Both of these hatcheries have White Cornish Bantams. [​IMG]

8. MissD'uccle

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    A small brown egg? Neat!! I don't have any bantams that lay brown so it will be nice to add her to my little bantam flock. Thanks!

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    It's a Bantam, and it looks like a hen. [​IMG]

10. MissD'uccle

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    A mystery chick that's a pullet!! Lucky me! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by