What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ggrap, Jan 28, 2009.

1. ggrap

ggrap Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Hatchery sent me some chicks I didn't order....what do you think they are? [​IMG]

2. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    don't know but they are cute! Look kinda like fat round penguins.

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    A Siamese kitten.
    Oooh you mean the chicks! [​IMG]

4. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Hmm, I think those are mine thats what they are, just pop them in a nice box ans send too....

Just kidding, I cant tell at this young age what they are, but they sure are adorable, and if they are as dark blue as they look like they may be, you will need to sell them to me!! I LOVE BLUE!

5. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    black silkies?

6. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    smooth head, blue color, fat body, dark legs, look kind of big.....perhaps blue jersey giants or blue andalusians.

7. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    What hatchery?

Do they have feathery legs, or clean legs?

8. ggrap

ggrap Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Hi. And thanks for the help. They came from Welp. I ordered 50 black sexlink girls. I got 52 chicks, 2 of which died, so I have my 50, only not all the correct breed! I must say that Brian at Welp has been very fair in trying to remedy the situation, so that I will have what I wanted.

I think about 10 or so are not blk sexlinks. Here are some pics of some of the other ones in question. I think the blurry pic is an EE, and I have a couple of those as well. Not sure about the lighter faced chicks. They are feathering out brown and black wings, kind of looks striped. Partridge Rock?

Legs are clean not feathered, and the gray/blue chicks have slate legs. They aren't really that much bigger than the others. One has been dubbed Carl (I sure hope they aren't roos!), and another Moonshine (by my 9 year old who is talking about the moon in the sky and not the beverage).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Top right looks like a partridge rock.

10. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    That pattern can actually be quite a few breeds in the brown/yellow chicks. Partridge rocks, some EE mixes, etc. Leg color helps tell. PR's will develop yellow and bronze legs. EE mixes will be pink/white legged. Well, there are actually lots of breeds that start out those colors...

Welcome to the hatchery adventure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by