What am I??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gilliagan, May 4, 2009.

1. Gilliagan

Gilliagan Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2009
    Mayerthorpe
    Does anyone have an idea on what these roosters and chickens are? The pure black ones are only 1 1/2months old. The white chicken and roosters are unknown. Also how do I tell apart my roos in my barred rock flock? They to are only 1 1/2 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    The pics are kinda small and my eyes are kinda old, but I believe the next to the last pic is of a dark brahma rooster. The hen standing next to him - white and black - is a light brahma hen.
    ETA: The white and black one could be a rooster, but it's hard to see in that pic.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  3. Gilliagan

May 4, 2009
    Mayerthorpe
    Sorry the pics are small gritsar but on dial up and it takes for ever to get them to download. I had hoped the one rooster was a brahama. He has the feathering to. The black ones are making me scratch my head. They came with my barred rocks and buff orphingtons and for the life of me I can't seem to remember what the breeder said they were. I was hoping they are the black jersey giants.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    The first black one could be an australorp. If it is a Jersey Giant it will have yellow on the underside of it's feet.

5. Gilliagan

May 4, 2009
    Mayerthorpe
    That could be it to. I know he had all three. How do I sex my barred rocks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by