1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What am i?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Orpstralope, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Orpstralope

Orpstralope XL College Raised Eggs

Oct 11, 2009
    Boone
    I adopted this chicken from a friend in eastern nc and I have no clue what type of chicken or what gender it is. The pictures are not as good as they could be because the chicken is very skiddish. I call "her" Henrietta - but it possibly (due to spurs?) could be a roo. If anyone could identify the type of chicken this is, and if it is a roo or a hen that would be great. It's got spurs, hasn't ever laid an egg (in 3 months), and is losing feathers fast along with healthy sign in its waddles and comb. Thanks for the help
    [​IMG]
    and.....
    [​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Can't give you a positive ID on the breed, looks to be a hen though, they will occasionally grow spurs. Her body looks awfully bulky, so i would think a heavy/production breed or possibly cornish heritage, but not a pure breed i think.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. Orpstralope

Orpstralope XL College Raised Eggs

Oct 11, 2009
    Boone
    Well I'm pretty sure she's sick - or molting. But she walks terribly akwardly and hasn't ever laid an egg on my watch, why could this be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by