What am I???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mammachick, Nov 2, 2009.

1. mammachick

mammachick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2009
    Here are some new pictures of our chicks.. they are about 4 weeks old.
    Now that they are a little older can you help us know what breed they are. They are all supposed to be girls, do you see any Roo's in the bunch?

Cluck-Cluck--the friendliest of the bunch. Her legs are a gray color is that normal?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cars--
    [​IMG]

Marigold--
    [​IMG]

Daisy--
    [​IMG]

Poppy--
    [​IMG]

Pink--The white one, I couldn't get a very good picture.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. louloubean

louloubean Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    OC, NY
    all i know are my chicks, and your cluck cluck looks like mine! i'd guess barred plymouth rock. and mine are quite friendly too!

3. RL

RL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Oak Point, TX
    This is my thoughts.

Cluck Cluck is a Barred Rock and maybe a cockeral - the comb is a bit big and red and looks to have big light legs. hard to tell from the pic though. I have a BR pullet named Hidden Roo because it was hard to tell. she had the head of a pullet, but the tail of a roo with green feathers coming in and all. Now she just looks like a BR pullet and laying an egg every day. Some times you just never know.

The white one looks like it could a White Rock maybe and looks to be a pullet.

The light reddish/brown one looks like a Sex-Link pullet.

The other one I do not know that breed, but looks like it could be a pullet as well.

4. mammachick

Oct 15, 2009
    Cluck Clucks legs are a grayish color. I am new at chickens so forgive my ignorance, but was is a "sex-link pullet"?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  5. RL

RL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Oak Point, TX
    A sex-link is a cross or hybrid if you will of two different breeds of chickens. What you end up with is a chicken you can sex by feather color from day one. Females are almost all red, brown, black or golden and the males and almost all white. I don’t remember the breeds they use to produce the different color sex-links.

6. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Cluck Cluck could be a Cuckoo Marans, but I too think he is a boy. Marigold could be a Welsummer and although I am not sure, he could be a boy as well.

7. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Cluck-Cluck – Barred Plymouth Rock cockerel. (Or Cuckoo Marans. Nor sure.)

Cars – New Hampshire Red pullet.

Daisy – Possibly a Buff Orpington – not sure – looks like a pullet

Pink – White Rock? Not sure on gender

I'm not sure what Marigold and Poppy are. Wild guess – Welsummers?

8. mammachick

Oct 15, 2009
    When do roosters start to make noise? If I have any roosters, I have to get rid of them. We live in a suburban city, and my neighbors would be hopping mad, being woken up by a rooster. What do you do with a rooster if you cannot keep them?

Thanks for all your help!

9. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Cluck-CLuck looks like a BR cockeral to me. Mine crowed at 7 wks but they vary alot as to when they crow. If you can't give him away, I guess he could go to freezer camp.

10. acbear93

acbear93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Oostburg, Wisconsin
    Quote:I agree, Barred Rock, New Hampshire Red, or possibly red-sexlink, NH Red will have a bit of black trim in their tail feathers

nice assortment... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by