What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Skittlez, May 16, 2010.

1. Skittlez

Skittlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    These are 8 week old TSC chicks. 2 White, 2 Black, 2 Red. I think the one red is RIR, but not sure on the other red. Don't know about the black or white either. Out of 6, I think 5 are roos and 1 pullet. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope the pics are clear enough.

Thanks,
    Sarah and Emma

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Looks like you got a lot of roos!

The black and white one may be a Delaware, but I'm not sure.
    I can't tell what the dark one is in the second picture because of the light in the window.
    Third pic looks like a RIR roo and a Speckled Sussex pullet.
    Last one looks like maybe a Partridge Rock.

I'm not 100% on these, so hopefully someone else comes along and can help more.

3. Skittlez

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    I really like the pullet, she is very mild mannered. The RIR roo is good too. The black ones are the most ambitious. The white ones next in line. I was told by the ever famous staff of TSC they are white rock, rir, and austrolorpe (sp?). I see one RIR, the others are Chickens! I am glad for the speckled sussex, I like a little bit of everything.

4. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    I wouldn't write off all of them as roos quite yet. My female rocks have looked like some of those at 8 weeks. But you likely have at least a few roos.

5. Skittlez

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    I hope they are not all roos. My RIR hen had a large wattle and comb and I swore she was a roo, but then she started laying. I will give these guys more time to be sure. I was hoping for a few pullets though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by