What am I?

BamaChick76

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 19, 2010
This is my first time to ever have ducks... so please bear with me.These lilttle ones are supposed to be just over a week old. They are mostly grey with some yellow- bills are dark grey with a pinkish tip- legs are dark grey with yellow feet.
58026_dscf30041.jpg

58026_dscf3002.jpg

Is it possible to tell what sex they are at this age? And I was told to put them in water to swim only after a certain age or not until they get their feathers is this true?

Not sure what they are...
Muscovies maybe?

As for swimming, I let them swim right away with supervision...BUT...you have to dry them off and get them back in to a warm brooder before they get too tired.

They look like blue Swedish to me...Muscovy beaks aren't long and angled down like that.

One is definatly a muscovy the three with the bibs look like khakis i've had in the past

the one in the very front hiding his head behind the chick is definatly muscovy....ive had one like that ive also had khakis

With the body shape and coloring I would say Muscovy or Muscovy cross. Pretty little ducks!
smile.png

Here's a closer picture of one of the bills. Can't do a lot better as my ducks seem to have been hatched knowing kung fu!
roll.png

Also is there a way to tell male from female at this age?
58026_dscf3007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom