What am I?

cellochck

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Union, ME
So my husband brought this little guy home yesterday from his school. Every year one of the bio classes raises chicks, and at the end some of the kids can't take them home. This little guy was the only one in need of a home. We know its a bantam something, but we aren't sure of breed or sex. Any ideas? I was also hoping to get some friends for it, but I'm not sure how to introduce other chicks. The chick is about four or five weeks old. I'll try to upload more pics, but I'm having some trouble.

23388_001.jpg

Thanks for ideas. I've managed to upload another pic. Do you think that I can introduce some other chicks to him/her without many issues? This is my first chick, and right now I don't have any other chickens. I've never introduced other chickens, so I'm not quite sure what to do. Suggestions?
23388_006.jpg

Quote:
Yes it's a barred cochin, but marans can have lightly feathered feet and shanks.
big_smile.png

woot.gif
i did something right!
and idk why you wouldnt be able to get more chicks and intorduce(sp?) them. just make sure they;re around the same age

marans can have slight feathered feet, but ive never seen one with so much..so i would lean towards it being something else
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom