What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nuttyredhead, Nov 1, 2010.

1. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Im wondering what breed my girl is? She isnt a Bantam, but doesnt seem to be as big as a large breed! She is just about 4 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Either she's a poor quality Blue Wyandotte, or a clean faced Ameraucana, or . . .

What does her comb look like? Slightly bumpy or completely smooth?

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Is she a featherleg? she looks a bit like a cochin to me...

4. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Quote:Cochin is what I thought too. It looked like her legs were feathered in the pics but really hard to tell. Tail isn't right for a cochin but I have seen cochins with upright tails from hatcheries.

5. nuttyredhead

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:Not entirely smooth, little bumpy.

6. nuttyredhead

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:Cochin is what I thought too. It looked like her legs were feathered in the pics but really hard to tell. Tail isn't right for a cochin but I have seen cochins with upright tails from hatcheries.

She is featherlegged. Any guesses on what kind of Cochin? She wasn't from a hatchery, from a member here!!!

7. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA

She is featherlegged. Any guesses on what kind of Cochin? She wasn't from a hatchery, from a member here!!!

I had a Giant Cochin/Ameraucana cross that looked kind of like that. Mine was big though, so if she's small maybe a bantam Cochin?

8. Lbrad7

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA

Blue Cochin.

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Okay, just letting you all know, if she were a Cochin she'd look like this. . .

[​IMG]

Also, she does NOT have a Cochin comb.

10. Lbrad7

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Quote:She is only 4 mos old and cochins are very slow to mature. It does look like she has a straight comb and I think it will come up in time. I have a lot full of blue bantam cochins and they look exactly like her other than the tail. That tail isn't right but I have seen cochins from poor blood lines with tails like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by