What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GothChick, Nov 6, 2010.

1. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi,

I have a female chick that I got from McMurray's Rainbow Layers assortment. I figured out most of the other chicks but I don't know what this one is. At first I thought maybe she was an Easter Egger but now I don't think she is. She has yellow legs and no beard or muffs. Her top feathers have markings but her underside is all white and she has almost no tail at all. Any ideas? I am selling a bunch of chicks tomorrow and I don't want to sell this one if she is something rare or unique. Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Easter Eggers don't need to have a beard and muffs or green legs. They're mutts after all.

It looks like an Easter Egger cockerel though. Has a pea comb and the common EE cockerel coloring coming in. My EE cockerel from McMurray was just like that - Clean faced, dom white x gold duckwing colored.

3. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Is that the only breed it could possibly be? I think it kind of looks like a silver dorking. I have other EE and it doesn't look like them. Also I thought EE had green/blue legs? This chick is suppose to be a pullet and is about 6 weeks old. I had another chick that everyone on here said was an EE and it turned out being a Welsummer so I don't want to automatically assume this one is an EE too. Thanks for the help.

4. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Easter Eggers don't have to have muffs/beard, but they usually do (pure Ameraucanas don't always have muffs/beard either - it's a fault, but it happens) - Easter Eggers can have yellow legs and be different colors also, although the legs on the chick in the pic don't look yellow to me. I agree with Illia - it probably is an Easter Egger because of the pea comb and the coloring. Dorking have straight combs - plus, they have 5 toes, not 4.

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm no expert, don't even have EE's, but that baby looks like one to me... looking at the head it looks like the chipmunk pattern I've seen posted a lot, combine with the not totally yellow legs and it leans further. But then BRs don't have totally yellow either. Who knows, maybe you've got yourself a BREE (or BEER). Personally I'd LOVE to have some (female) EE's, just so I'd have a varied basket, but that's me. I happen to think that one is a pure bred cutie pie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by