What Am I?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by koakritters, May 3, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    I have no idea what this one is. It came from an egg that she said were Leghorn Xs, but it doesn't look like any leghorn that i've seen pictures of.

[​IMG]

Yes her little beak is crooked too, I had to break her out of her egg because of it. I tried so hard not to get attached and lasted almost a full 4 weeks, but she's been named and will be living at my house with me now. lol.... I'm not hatching any more eggs until the 11 chicks i've got now find homes!!!

2. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Idk the breed, but scissor beaks have a large genetic component. I wouldn't use that one to breed more chicks from.

3. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i wans't planning on it, i figured it could possibly be genetic somehow. I've got 5 hens already that i get fertile eggs from at work that i am hatching, i don't need anymore hatching eggs! [​IMG] As long as she can lead a nice, healthy, okay life with it i'll be happy. Wasn't about to give her to someone not knowing how she'd turn out.

4. andrew6d9

andrew6d9 Chillin' With My Peeps

:)It looks like my golden comets did when they were that age. You can call it whatever you want. It is just like a production red or red sex link.

5. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I has an EE with an even more severe beak then hers. I had to file it occastionally and clean out any feed debries that would stick to the groove where her tounge would go.

6. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Hmm, this is a hard one but I'd say possibly an EE

7. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    hmmm... she did say she has EEs in her flock, must have been a roo though because i know for sure she did not come from one of the EE eggs! her egg was small and white i think... or maybe it was light brown?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by