1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

what am I?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by huevosfritos, May 5, 2008.

1. huevosfritos

huevosfritos In the Brooder

May 5, 2008
    I think Mayorca is a... single comb brown leghorn?... female or male?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2008

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Welsummer pullet maybe????? I don't know, but that is my UNeducated guess [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Songster

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    [​IMG]

Welcome, I just wanted to say I love your name "fried eggs" lol!

The welsummer and brown leghorn females look very similar. It looks like a hen to me.

4. huevosfritos

May 5, 2008
    I got 24 baby chicks from McMurray Hatchery. I have already identified most of them since barred rocks, white rocks, buff rocks, red stars and rhode island reds are very easy to spot.

But now I'm left with 9 chickens that have to be either Brown leghorns, Partridge Rocks or Aruacanas... 6 females and 3 roosters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chcknrs

chcknrs Songster

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Looks just like my Aracauna's.

6. huevosfritos

May 5, 2008
    yeah, huevos fritos... but I haven't had any yet. My chicks are only 8 weeks old!!!

Thank y'all for your replies!!! I'm new to the community, just signed today. Here are more pictures of the girls...
    The first one is another mysterious breed, I got her for free with my order. I named her Lufthansa since I can't get her to stay in the coops... she keeps flying and wondering around.
    And there's also Sally Ann!!! She will get in the shower with me if I let her...soooo cute!!! I think she is a Barred Rock... isn't she?[​IMG]

LUFTHANSA:
    [​IMG]

SALLY ANN:
    [​IMG]

7. chcknrs

chcknrs Songster

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Nice looking birds there! oh, and.....

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by