What am I?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by ChicCrazyAZ, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ChicCrazyAZ

ChicCrazyAZ Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    Arizona
    Picked these two little ones up today. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Appreciate any input.

A pic of their mom is also included. Her eyes looked bluish and she was pied (told was Peach Cameo?) She looks lighter than these pictures show, she was in a shadow and pic was taken on mobile, so not best quality.

Dad could be a BS or IB Pied. They are a little over a month old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bird

bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Oregon
    Congratulations on your new birds [​IMG] . The peachicks look like cameo for me, but I am not so great in this field [​IMG]

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    look like cameo, and the father had to be split cameo.....

4. ChicCrazyAZ

Sep 19, 2010
    Arizona
    Thank you so much for input!

Maybe dumb question, as I only have the "normal" colors until these guys (IB, Pied & BS), but what is the difference between Peach and Cameo?

So was Mom Cameo Pied then? Do Cameo's have blueish eyes? These babies eyes look alot lighter than my other guys.

Also.. is it too early to determine sex? Seller said they had a lot of white spots (white barring) that disappeared, so she thought were both hens? Would really love for one to be a cock, but happy either way [​IMG]

Thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  5. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Peach are lighter than cameo, im going by the mom she looks cameo. The two chicks do look like hens, but hard to tell with lighting on pics sometime , but no barring yes hens.

6. ChicCrazyAZ

Sep 19, 2010
    Arizona
    Thanks! Will keep you guys posted on how they color out.

The mom was much lighter than the chicks and did have more of a "peachy" color, but could have also be faded from sun, as it is blistering hot here.

Thanks again [​IMG]

7. ChicCrazyAZ

Sep 19, 2010
    Arizona
    Here is another pic of mom.

[​IMG]

She had a white spauding cock too, but has him penned as of recent. I guess there is a chance he could have been dad too, if he was not penned early enough, as the rest free range.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  8. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    yep thats a cameo, no matter which was the father he would have to be split cameo to get those chicks. Only why to get a cameo chick is with a peacock that is cameo ,or one split cameo.

9. ChicCrazyAZ

Sep 19, 2010
    Arizona
    Perfect Thanks!

Hopefully they are fathered by the BS... so I can get some of those out of them in a few years (lol).

Hubby is gonna kill me when he gets home, since he will be building a bigger pen, but how could I pass these guys up? Especially for the price.. I practically stole them:)

Seller was more concerned about a good home than $, and she knows I spoil my birds [​IMG]

Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by