1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CloverdaleFarms, Jul 17, 2011.

1. CloverdaleFarms

CloverdaleFarms Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

Can someone please help me identify the beauty in the front of this little flock. I thought she might be a BC Marans (English standard maybe?), but I am not sure? I know the two with her are a Jersey Giant and Ameraucana pullet.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Could she be a Sexlink?

3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking a sexlink as well. [​IMG]

4. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    Quote:x3

She's a pretty girl!

5. CloverdaleFarms

Thanks! I researched the Star and was able to find a few pics that look similar to her! She is super sweet. Guess I know whay I couldn't find her in my Poultry breeds book! LOL![​IMG]

6. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Sex Link, these are the 2 I got this past April...the lighter one, is my fav...she runs up to me and waits for me to hold her, then honks at me...too cute!

7. CloverdaleFarms

The first pic looks a lot like her! Awesome! I feel better knowing what she is [​IMG]

I visited the hatchery (Ideal) my friend ordered her from. Their website says that they sell the Rhode Island Red and Barred Rock Black Star Sex-Link. I believe the mystery is solved!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  8. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I agree with the sex link call...

9. CloverdaleFarms

I think that she is probably a late February, early March baby. She has only been with me about a week. I will update you all when she begins laying. I have a Barred Rock hen. She lays every 2-3 days and gives nice creamy colored eggs. Any idea what hers will look like and how often she will lay once she starts?

10. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:I have BR and the 2 BSL, (+ a "few others" ) all 15 weeks, so I am still waiting my first egg...fun stuff huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by