What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by presley, Oct 2, 2011.

1. presley

presley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    sorry posted this in wrong section, let me try again, are these Ameraucan, araucana or Easter[​IMG] Egger? Thanks

2. presley

Jun 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

here is the other one. Thanks

3. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Well, they're not American Standard Araucana, cuz they're rumpless and yours have tails. They have slate legs which doesn't eliminate Ameraucana, but I don't know enough about the standard. Somebody who knows more should post in a little bit to help you out.

4. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    They look like Ameraucanas

5. presley

Jun 21, 2011
    Ok thanks, someone in the other thread said Easter eggers. Doesn't really matter, just curious. One just started laying, it's more of an olive color. (the black one)

6. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    If the eggs are olive, they can't be Ameraucana, as I believe the standard is for blue eggs and green excludes them. Sooooo, my guess would be EE's. They're lovely birds.

7. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Look like Ameraucana crosses.....Easter Eggers. But if you are getting a nice olive colored egg. Then you have an Olive Egger!! My broodie is sitting on eggs right now and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my Marans eggs are fertile.....cuz I want Olive Eggers!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  8. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Just FYI.

In order for them to be Ameraucanas they have to fall into one of the Ameraucana color categories. A lot of the hatcheries pass Easter Eggers off as pure breed Ameraucanas and it gets all the Ameraucana Lovers in a tiff. If you hang around awhile you will see their posts. [​IMG] Or maybe you already have. Anyway Ameraucanas are their loves and they can be really picky about misrepresentation.

Ameraucanas are beautiful birds. But, Honestly I do prefer the Easter Eggers. Friendly, Fun and come in a HUGE variety of colors and patterns. You can get a huge color range on the eggs. Since my goal is to have a beautiful flock of layers with colorful eggs, I love Easter Eggers and Olive Eggers!!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    easter eggers

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    easter eggers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by