What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mirasmom, Nov 29, 2014.

1. mirasmom

mirasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2013
    South Phoenix AZ
    We got some new chicks, the feed store had them 2 for 1 so i tossed the idea of having my girls raise their own out the window. I am pretty sure 4 of them are Araucana they have the puffy cheeks. But they had these black and white/yellow ones and I know they are not Rhode Island Reds, since the sign said they only had those two breeds I have no idea what they are. Any help would be great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    The "Auraucana" are Easter Eggers. The black chicks could be a couple of different breeds - is that white wing feathering on the last picture or?

3. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Yes, they are most likely easter eggers. It's hard to tell what kind of comb the black ones have, if it's a pea comb, they are most likely a EE as well.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The black ones are likely Black Australorps, as that is a common black breed.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

6. mirasmom

mirasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2013
    South Phoenix AZ
    Yes the black chicks have white wing feathers and very tiny combs, one is much fluffier then the other, I am hoping this is not a male / female trate as I am not supposed to have roo's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by