what am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ausash, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ausash

ausash Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    I bought this chick along with 11 others from the feed store in May (they were day olds that they got on May 18th) and they told me she was a Ameracauna and they usually buy from Ideal and some other hatchery (maybe mountain something not one I have heard of before). I am trying to figure out what she really is as her feathers have come in fluffy like a silkie, her wing feathers are sort of split on the ends and she does have a pea comb and she has started to get a few feathers on her legs. Does anybody have a clue what Frazzle might be? Sorry the pictures aren't that great.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chickenaddict/

2. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

That's neat! She could be a silkie Easter Egger. Silkie feathering can show up in any breed and EE's generally have a lot of different genetics invovled.

Any other guesses? [​IMG]

3. ausash

ausash Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Well I have always wanted a silkie so I guess a cross of one could be kind of neat. At least she will be a conversation piece.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, I have NO Idea what she is...but she sure is pretty. I cant waite to see how she feathers out completely! Gonna be a looker for sure!

5. LaneyAngel

LaneyAngel Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    Australia
    I have a hen that is very similiar in appearance to that. Her flight feathers are the same kind of shredded looking wings, and her body is covered in fluff, but not like a purebred Silky.

I know mine personally is a Silky X something though, because she still has the puffy bit on top of her head that silkies have! I just don't know WHAT she's crossed with.

She's the reddishy browny one in the middle:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    looks like a hatchery silkie

7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    It looks like a silkied easter egger. I was just noticing the throwbacks that pop up like that are odd. What I mean is like this past year lots of people got rumpless chickens from pure flocks. A couple years back there were lots of stubs. I wonder if this year will be the "year of the silkie" throwbacks.

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:the op's bird looks like that, I totally agree
    I was talking about LaneyAngel's bird looks like a hatchery silkie

9. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I agree, the op's bird is what I said and the other bird pictured looks like a normal hatchery silkie.

10. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Looks like a wire haired terrier [​IMG]

Honestly it looks like a silkie mixed with a frizzle. I am no expert though. It definitely looks like half silkie though. Very cute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by