what an idiot..

lovesduckies

Bedroom Farm Inc.
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
the ducky room
So I went to go clean duck pools and forgot I had my BLACKBERRY PEARL in my bra (no pockets in my shorts but then I put sweats on and they had pockets). So I had my bucket and I was emptying the pool and PLOP, there goes my phone on the ground screen first in a water puddle!!
sad.png
sad.png
so I checked it and it was working so I put in in my pocket and continued my job. Then an hour or so later after my drake had to come sit on mom's lap, I sent my cousin a text to tell her what I had done and my screen started flickering! So I took everything out and blow dried it for a bit and now I'm letting it sit over night.

Has anyone else done this??

Lesson to be learned: Don't take your phone out when tending to animals! LOL

Or those neat little "silica gel" packets that come in coats and stuff! Sealed ziploc and the silica gel work wonders on a phone that's been dropped in the pool, er, toilet...er puddle.

I've done that twice now (note to self - don't call Dad while filling the horse trough!!!). I was told by the tech at the phone repair shop/store place not to ever use a blow dryer. That's how I fried the first one. Works on a phone dumped in coffee, too. If you drink it black, that is. Sugar and cream can completley fry a phone.
roll.png

The silica packages mentioned above work great. I am told they are good for regular maintanence on hearing aids, too. (Hopefully won't need that advice anytime soon, but thought I'd share just in case it could be useful to someone else.)

Quote:
oooooo thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! i will go do that!!

Maybe tell your mom you are using the rice
smile.png

eh she won't mind LOL she was already down stairs and asked what i was doing.

thanks guys.
big_smile.png
LOL

Once I forgot two cell 'phones that were in some jeans pocket until I opened the washing machine to get the wet clothes out. One 'phone was a genuine Nokia and the other had a copy case. The genuine 'phone survived other than for the battery. The copy case fell apart.

More embarrassing was the cordless home 'phone incident. I had been talking to a friend on the 'phone over a mug of coffee. I didn't realise until I tried to put the coffee mug on the base station to charge that the 'phone handset was already in water in the kitchen sink. It still works most of the time. The coffee mug survived intact.

he.gif
I finally gave up having a phone when I couldn't keep it out of my water troughs.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom